Certified Age Friendly Employer Program
Celebrating 15 Years: Certifying Best Places to Work for Employees 50+
The Age-Friendly Institute’s Certified Age Friendly Employer (CAFE) program is the nation’s only certification program that identifies organizations committed to being the best places to work for employees aged 50+. Since the Certified Age-Friendly Employer (CAFE) Program was created in 2005, hundreds of leading companies and organizations have earned the distinction of being recognized as a Certified Age Friendly Employer.
Is Age-Friendly Certification Right for Your Business?
A Certified Age-Friendly Employer:
- Values employees based on proficiency, qualifications and contribution
- Maintains policies, practices and programs supporting people age 50+
- Values employee knowledge, maturity, reliability and productivity
- Commits to meaningful employment, development opportunities and competitive pay and benefits for employees 50+
CAFE Program Benefits for Employers:
- Opportunity to communicate to existing and prospective employees, and customers, that your workplace welcomes employees of any age
- Use of the CAFE digital seal on your own career sites, on postings at other online job sites, and in marketing collateral
- Comparative industry feedback and Invitation to the Annual CAFE Conference
Certified Age Friendly Employers
(list as of June 2021)
Below is a list of employers that have earned the Certified Age Friendly Employer™ designation
- Aegis Living
- Aging Resources of Douglas County
- AlliedBarton Security Services
- American Heart Association
- Amica Mutual Insurance Company
- AnswerNet Network
- APAC Customer Services, Inc.
- Aquarium of the Pacific
- Arc Worldwide
- ARC of Hunter-don County, NJ
- Aspect Foundation
- Avis Budget Group / ABG
- Beaumont Hospital (MI)
- Benchmark Senior Living
- The Boston Red Sox
- Bright Horizons Family Solutions
- Carmazzi Global Solutions
- Citizens Financial Group
- Comcast Cable Communications, Inc.
- Crate & Barrel
- Delta Dental of CA, MO, Northeast and NJ
- Equitrans Midstream Corporation
- Express Employment Professionals
- Fairhill Partners
- Fidelity Investments
- FirstGroup America Inc.
- Fresenius Medical Care North America
- Fresh Market
- H&R Block Tax Services
- HCR ManorCare
- Headway Workforce Solutions
- Highmark Blue Cross/Blue Shield (PA)
- Home Helpers
- Home Instead Senior Care
- Homewatch CareGivers
- Honey Baked Ham
- Horizon Blue Cross/Blue Shield (NJ)
- Internal Revenue Service
- Jewish Family Service of Colorado
- John Hancock Financial
- Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Kelly Services, Inc.
- La Quinta Hotels
- Lasell Village
- Lee Memorial
- Leo Burnett Group
- Manpower, Inc.
- Marriott Vacation Clubs
- Mass General Hospital
- Mature Caregivers
- MetLife, Inc.
- MPS Staffing
- New York Life Insurance Company
- News America Marketing
- Office of Disaster Assistance (SBA)
- Peace Corps
- Pitney Bowes, Inc.
- Port Authority of Allegheny County
- Principal Financial Group
- Publicis Health
- QualCare, Inc.
- Quest Diagnostics
- Recreation Equipment Incorporated - REI
- Right at Home
- Robert Half International
- Schneider National
- Scripps Health
- Senior Resource Development Agency
- Sitel, Corp.
- Spherion Corporation
- STAFFMARK GROUP
- Starbucks Coffee
- SunTrust Bank
- Synergy HomeCare
- The Home Depot
- Toys “R” Us
- Toys R Us / Babies R Us
- Transportation Security Admin. (TSA)
- Tufts Health Plan
- Twin Cities Public Television
- UnitedHealth Group
- Vanguard Investments
The Certification Process
Application or Letter of Interest
Employers may submit an evaluation application or letter of interest (see contact information at the bottom of this page).
Process Review Discussion
An Age-Friendly Institute staff member will contact the employer to explain the Certification program and the evaluation process in its entirety.
Participating employers are asked to submit a confidential questionnaire regarding recruiting and employment policies, practices and programs. This questionnaire encompasses the twelve categories of known best practices related to age-friendly employers.
The employer's questionnaire submission is reviewed by the Age-Friendly Institute and follow up discussions are held as appropriate to ensure accuracy and validity. Additional material or information may be requested.
The certification process typically takes 2-3 weeks after submission of an application. Those organizations who do not receive certification are invited to apply again in one year.
Certified employers are listed on the Age-Friendly Institute's website and other promotional vehicles. Certified employers are encouraged to place the seal on their own career sites, on postings at other online sites and in appropriate marketing collateral.
They are also encouraged to communicate the designation to current employees, using internal newsletters and by prominently displaying their CAFE Plaque in their company locations.
Renewal and Recertification
Recertification is completed every thirty-six months. In this way, employers seeking to maintain the currency of their certification are assured of a scheduled review.
Ready to apply for certification or want to learn more?
Take the first step toward becoming a
Certified Age Friendly Employer.
Interested In Bringing This Program
To Your Community?
The Age-Friendly Institute welcomes inquiries from prospective partners who would like to join our Affiliate Program to bring the CAFE program to your state or community.
Please email: [email protected]